Tuesday 16 March 2010

Good afternoon.

It has turned into a beautiful sunny day today, so after this post I shall enjoy a lovely walk with my dog.


This card is basically me just playing, but I thought I would show it anyway. When I start playing I use my less than best cardstock in case it all goes wrong, then at the end I wish I had just gone ahead and used the good stuff!

What do you think of the flower? I was tempted by some new and expensive flower punches I had seen recently, then I decided to look at what I already had and see if I could improvise. This punch is one I bought for about £1.50, it doesn't look like this when you punch it, but with a few snips of the scissors this is what you get.

However, the money I saved on a new punch has now been spent on Clarity Stamps from Joanne Sheen who has just stocked them. I can't wait for them to arrive. I have been practising my brayering in anticipation but I can assure you I have a very long way to go before I can get anywhere near Barbara Gray's standard!

Right, where's the dog?

Clare xx

10 comments:

Juls said...

Love that brolly its just adorable!! very stylish card! Hugs Juls

Tracy said...

This is a fab card and the flower looks brilliant, I have a low budget for craft stuff, and I never find bargains like your punch. Great buy!!!!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Christine said...

Hi Clare if this is JUST playing cant wait to see the REAL thing...LOL fab creation & I can see nothing wrong with the card stock..I will be seeing Barbara Grey in the flesh again on Sat. at Horrogate show..you cant get near her stand..

Hugs Christine xx

Twiglet said...

You are so good at combining all your ideas - I think I would struggle to make my mind up what to use - where and which colour etc - Clever you!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Clare, thank you for letting me know about my blogcandy win, I hadnt seen it when I visited earlier so would have missed it you hadnt told me.
Its a bit of surprise that Ive won two blogcandys in a week, mind you its been awhile since I won the last one.
I havent received your stamps yet but hopefully they will arrive safely tomorrow. Again thanks for letting me know.
I do love your card that sentiment is fabulous and one Ive not seen. The flowers and embossing is brilliant. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Kat said...

Love this card Clare. That brolly image is so sweet. Love the flower...really different.

Kat x

Sally H said...

That is beautiful! I love it!

Nicki said...

Gorgeous card Clare, love that image and your flower is great - isn't it brill when you find a different way of using a thing you've already got instead of buying something new... then you buy something new anyway! My hubby says when money goes into my purse it turns into 'crafty pounds' and only comes out again in a craft shop!

Hugs, Nicki, xx

Danielle said...

Love this card Clare! The umbrella is so cute and such a fab way to display a sentiment! The embossing is awesome and I love your flower!
Hugs, Danielle

Jacee said...

Lovely card, the flower is fabulous!