Friday 26 March 2010

Dragonflies and Lilies

Good afternoon,

Yipee, it's almost the weekend! I'm looking forward to spending some time in my craft room and, if the weather is good, doing some decorating.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-

Simon Says - Easter or Spring with some Glimmer

Cute Card Thursday - Dimension

Pollycraft Monday - Sparkly Things

The main stamp I have used for this card isfrom Creative Expressions (Oasis 231), the swirls are free from a magazine and the sentiment is from the Papertray Ink set "Mega Mixed Messages". I love this set and use it all the time, it was so worth the postage and customs fees!

The image is coloured with Prismacolor pencils using sansador and a paper stump. I stamped the image twice and cut out two additional dragonflies and one lily for layering. I have painted "Stardust" stickles onto the dragonfly wings to add some sparkle.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs, Clare xx

24 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow Clare this is gorgeous,astounded by this! Beth

Anonymous said...

Clare, this is simply beautiful and the colours are just gorgeous.

Marion x

Anonymous said...

This is so stunning and elegant! I love the 3D dragonflies and lily! Your coloring is fabulous! Love the sparkles, too!
Hugs,
April

Jacee said...

Lovely card Clare, the colours are so pretty.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Clare

This is so gorgeous, love the metallic effect on the dragonflies and the swirls are perfect.

Hugs Ali x

Tracy said...

I love dragonflies and yours are so gorgeous, what a beautiful creation!!!!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Danielle said...

Oh Clare, this is stunning! Such a beautiful image and your dragonflies are gorgeous with all their sparkly detail & dimension! Fantastic work!
Hugs, Danielle

Kerri said...

WOW!!! Those dragonflies look real! This is GORGEOUS, Clare!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Clare I am so drooling here this is just so darn gorgeous I love the extra dragonflies it really adds that little extra to an already beautiful image and card...wow.

Hugs
Lorraine x

craftimamma said...

This is a lovely card Clare. I love the gorgeous soft buttermilk colour you have used and the dragonflies are so pretty.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Juls said...

Just beautiful!! I love the whole scene you have created! Hugs Juls

brenda said...

Morning Clare

This is just lovely. You have achieved such depth and dimension to the waterlillies and the corner stamping sets it all off beautifully.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Annie said...

I really love this card. I love the design and the colours you've used.
A x

Suzie Q said...

Hi Claire,
Simply beautiful!
hugs
Suzie qx

Sally H said...

Clare this is so pretty! I love it!

Yogi said...

very Pretty card. Love the dragonflies and the water lilies.

Peggie said...

Beautiful. Love the image and what you did with it.

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colours and that image is beautiful!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
Chris & the DT

Lynn said...

What more can I say..Beautiful card and so much detail..Love it!!Lynn:)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Clare, that card is stunning, I love the way youve decoupaged the front flower and the dragonflies. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Clare. Love the dragonflies and the waterlilies. Great dimension.

Kat xx

Donna said...

Beautiful scene Clare and brilliantly coloured :) Donna x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous elegant card Clare, beautiful dragonflies.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Annie said...

wow! gorgeous card! thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x