Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Creative Inspirations - Friendship Card

Good morning bloggers! (I cannot type that without thinking of Hi de Hi!).

This week's challenge at Creative Inspirations is to make a Friendship Card.


I'm sorry the photograph is so poor, but it is raining today and very dull.

The stamp is an old Stampin Up one which I recently bought from ebay and the sentiment says "Friendship is a cosy shelter from life's rainy days". I think that's so sweet! (You can see it better if you click on the photo).

This card is very simple, but I like it, I hope you do too.

Here's what I used to make it:-

Cardstock: 240gsm Gloss Photo Paper http://www.photopaperdirect.com/
(I never thought of using this to make cards (other than printing digi papers) but I love it, it is heavyweight, embosses beautifully and you can stamp on it too!).
Stamp: Stampin Up from "Fine Print" set (from ebay)
Colour medium: Whispers pens (for both stamping and colouring) (from DoCrafts stockists)
Tools: Nestabilities Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle, Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder
Accessories: Ribbon from stash.

Thank you for visiting my blog today. Please feel free to leave a message - I love to read them.

Have a great day.

Clare xx

15 comments:

Té la mà Maria - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Reus Catalonia
thank you

Stamping Seasons said...

Those rainy dull days are perfect for staying inside and stamping!!!

Emma said...

This is very pretty Clare - I love the elegance of simply using the white and yellow - it really suits the image.

All I can say about die cut machines is I have a cuttlebug and use both nesties and CB embossing folders fine in it and my friend has a big shot and uses both CB embossing folders and nesties too with great effect. I got the cuttlebug for space issues more than anything - but I think they are both equally as good :D

Hope it helps,

Emma x

Katrina said...

Hi Clare!

I love this card!

It is very pretty, stylish and fun at the same time. The embossed background finishes it off beautifully.

Hugs,

Katrina xx

Kat said...

This is a great card Clare. So simple but really effective. Very eye catching. I need to do a simple card for my elderly neighbour who has had a fall and broken her hip. Hope she is ok, she is a very active and independent lady.

Kat x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful elegant card, love the embossing.
luv
Debby

Kip's Cards said...

I love this card, and your stamp is really nice
x
Vicky

CraftyC said...

This is so pretty Clare. I have several die cutters including the wizard and cuttlebug but they are all redundant now I have the Bog Shot, best cutter ever IMO!
Clairex

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow what a fab stamp thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations. xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Clare.

Hugs Riet.x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the fabulous contrast of the yellow on the white!

Julie said...

Hi Clare,
Love the card - very beautiful [less is more in this case]
I have a big shot and just love it - it cuts with prety much any die - good luck with your choice.
Take Care - Ju xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Clare, love the simplicity of this one, its stunning :) Donna x

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the embossed background, it's so elegant!! and I love the umbrella image!

handmade by RT said...

Fab card! very elegant and the sentiment is great!! rach xx