Saturday 26 June 2010

Allsorts Challenge Week 58 - Embossing

Good day to you,

I have had some rare free time this morning. OH is in the garage shuffling things around and the little man is fast asleep on the sofa - almost unheard of for a Saturday morning. He went to bed at 10pm last night (after a party) but still got up before 6am this morning and now he is catching up!
Anyhow, on to today's card. The challenge at Allsorts this week is "Embossing". I've used both dry embossing and heat embossing on my card.

The main image is Penny Black "Mixed Media". I stamped this in Memento "Rich Cocoa" and then inked with Tim Holtz Distress inks "Victorian Velvet", "Spun Sugar" and "Antique Linen", next I painted the flowers with "Victorian Velvet" before coating them with Versamark (using a VM pen) and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. The punched flowers have been embossed with a Crafts Too "Daisy" embossing folder and coated in "Victorian Velvet" and again covered in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The base of the card is made using my much loved Crafts Too 5" x 5" dots folder, with a little "Antique Linen" sponged around the edges and the sentiment is a very sweet one from SU!

Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs, Clare xx

22 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Clare, found you on the Alsorts Challenge, hope you odn't mind me following your blog. Your work is stunning, this latest card is lovely. Debbiexx

Kerri said...

How beautiful, Clare! I just love your sponging and the great texture!

LINDA said...

What a simply stunning card.. very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Jacilynn said...

Lucky you getting some free time Sat. morning ;) What a great card. I love the stamping. Great embossing Clare.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
x

Anonymous said...

You have been busy since my last visit, love all your latest designs, hope the little fella don't keep you up tonight after his nap...
x
Vicky

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Clare.

Hugs Riet.xx

chris said...

Clare its beautiful, love it.
hugs chris xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Clare, beautiful card. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Liz x

Kat said...

This is stunning Clare. I love the colours you've used. I think this is another stamp I need to get used.

Kat xx

Sally H said...

Wonderful! I love that stamp. Did yours fall into your basket when shopping with Brenda? Mine did!

Tracy said...

I love the main image, this creation is so beautiful, love the colours and your use of distress inks is brilliant.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Claire

Fabulous card i love this image and your distressing is lovely...x

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Hugs Kirsten ...x

lisa said...

I had my eye on this stamp recently and couldn't run to buying another at the time but having seen your card, it's just beautiful isn't it. I'm sorely tempted now. I love the soft colouring you've used and that embossed flower looks just like fabric, it's really beautiful.
What do men find to do in garages and sheds!! It's a mystery to me but at least we get some craft time don't we?
Hugs Lisax

Kay Griffin said...

A beautiful card, I love poppies :) Kay x

Nannieflash said...

Wow Clare thats stunning, I love that stamp and the way youve coloured it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Juls said...

wow!!! Just beautiful, love your gorgeous mix of images, the beautiful soft colours, and the way you have enhance the embossing with the colour tiniting you have done! stunning work! Hugs Juls

Danielle said...

Stunning card Clare! Love the embossed background and the stamp is so pretty - it has so much detail! Love your flower!
Hugs, Danielle

Sara said...

I love the embossed detail on the flowers - what a great idea. I'll have to remember that one.

Sara xx

craftimamma said...

Clare, this is absolutely beautiful. I love that collaged image and you've coloured it beautifully.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Rosietoes said...

Just been having a wee browse Clare - wonderful cards. Love them all. :)
Love your use of the DI's. Fabulous.

Edna x

Fleur said...

Clare this is gorgeous
Thanks fo joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugz Fleur xXx

scotspanda said...

oh wow what a pretty card, the image is just gorgeous I love it

thanks for joining in the allsorts fun this week :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx