Sunday 10 May 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #6 - Sketch

Hello and a very Happy Mothers' Day to all - it's not Mothers' Day here in the UK but I'm liking the idea of celebrating twice.
I had a lovely day yesterday. I went to Stampeezee in Coventry and attended an hour long demonstration by the lovely and talented Jayne Nestorenko - the lady behind the gorgeous "cute companion" stamps and CDs.
I was lucky enough to spend some time crafting today and have followed this week's sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.




I decorated the inside of this card too.
I'm not too happy with the colouring of this image - I need to spend lots of time practising with the Copics, but I've used it as I hate to discard coloured images. I know it sound silly but I get attached to the images as I am colouring them and they become more than just pieces of card.
Here's what I used.
Image: Sugar Nellie 'Reflective'
Designer Papers: freebie from an old issue of 'Crafts Beautiful'
Cardstock: Die Cuts with a View
Sentiment: Papermania Clare Curd
Flourishes: from an Inkadoo stamp set
Tools: Spellbinders Labels nestabilities, Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers embossing folder
Copics and Glamour Dust.
Thank you for stopping by and looking.
Clare x

19 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Clare, beautiful image,gorgeous embossing and colouring. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

NormaJean said...

Hi clare, Love your card love the colors you used very pretty
hugs norma

Donna said...

Hi Clare, great image and love your added touch of the swirls on the edge of the image card.
Thanks for taking part this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge
hugs
Donna

Carly said...

What a wonderful card! Love the image and your colour choice. Thanks for playing.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Clare, what a gorgeous card, i love this image and the colours you've chosen are fabulous. Have a good evening, hugs Linda x

helen said...

claire this is fabulous love the bright colours you've chosen
hugs
helen x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Cute card! I love the colors and the image you chose. It's just adorable. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week:)

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is way better than what I could do! Great job.

LINDA said...

What a pretty card.. Love the colors and you have colored The image so well..
Hugs, Linda

Tracy said...

hiya, left some awards for you on my blog.... go pick them up

Liza said...

I just love this SN image, great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, fab image and I love the colours.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Love the colors you chose and the embossing...and a very nice inside finish! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! The sentiment fits perfectly with the image and I love the embossed flowers!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! Hope to see you next week - Good Luck!
--x Dee

Skraptacular Designs said...

Clare,
Another cute creation again this week! Love the image...but then again, how could anyone not love those adorable Sugar Nellies!

Color choices are fab and I love that you decorated the inside of your card too! I need to try that someday.

Thanks for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Line said...

Hi Claire, what a lovely take on the sketch!
Gorgeous image, and the embossing and swirls are beautiful details. Lovely inside too.
Thanks for joining us this week at SSC!

Hugs, Line

Unknown said...

Hi Clare

Wonderful take on the sketch, love all the detail.

Thank you for playing along with the Stamptacular challenge.

Joanne x

Janneke said...

Cute card ;)

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week ;0)

Janneke X

Jilly said...

lovely card thank you for taking part