Monday 4 May 2009

Just Playing

Now this one's not for a challenge, I just couldn't resist playing with my new stamps and trying some different colouring methods.




The stamp is Teddy Antics by Elzybells. I've watercoloured these teds with Derwent Graphitint pencils and inked and chalked the background. I cut a second balloon and heat embossed it with holographic embossing powder - I used a glue pad instead of an embossing pad and the embossing has bobbled lots instead of going smooth, I was going to add another coat of embossing powder to try and smooth it out but then I decided I quite liked it as it was.

I cut the card using the largest long rectangle scalloped nestability. I wasn't sure about these nesties but I think I'm going to end up using them a lot.

It's a shame the weather has been so dull for this UK bank holiday - let's hope the next one is better!

Thank you for looking.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Hi - I came across your blog whilst doing a bit of "hopping about".

You have some lovely creations here and like you I love Elzybells too.

This card is great and I love that balloon just as it is.

Personally I was quite pleased today has been dull and a bit rainy. It has meant I don't feel guilty about not doing anything in my garden.

I'll be back to visit again.

Love Jules xx

LINDA said...

This is sooooo cute.. Love the design, and the colors are great..
Hugs, Linda

Jacilynn said...

Soo Cute! And how fun to do a card with no sketch or theme. I love it . Great Job!

Michele said...

Thanks for your lovely comment. It's good to catch up with your Blog. You have made some wonderful cards since I last looked.

Michele
x

debby4000 said...

Oh its so cute, love those bears.
luv
Debby

Felis_bunte_Welt said...

Your card is beautiful. I love bears. :)

Hugs,
bastel_fee

Marcea said...

oooh cute as can be!!! How fab is this wonderful card!
-x-