Tuesday 6 March 2012

Dress a Girl Around the World

Good afternoon,

I've had a productive morning:-


I've made a dress to send for the "Dress a Girl Around the World" scheme. I shall be sending this to Louise at Sew Scrumptious who arranges for them to be sent around the world. I've got enough fabric to make another two dresses as well.

This is from Louise's blog:-  We are making pillowcase dresses for charity. Come and join us!! 982 dresses received so far. 400 sent to Malawi. 120 to Kenya, 50 to India and 50 to Ghana 

My thanks to Annie and Jo for the inspiration.

Hugs and best wishes, Clare xx





9 comments:

brenda said...

I've never heard of this scheme Clare, but what a worthwhile one it is.

Off to check it out a bit more, not that my sewing's much cop nowadays, bit like my typing, too many fingers get in the way.

B x

Jacilynn said...

I love this, what a worthy cause. good work friend.

Annie said...

Well done you. The little dress is so pretty. Thank you for joining in the fun.
Hugs,
A x

Daniele said...

what a wonderful idea, such a pretty dress
hugs

Sally H said...

what a fantastic idea and a gorgeous make! I'm off to have a look now x

Anonymous said...

What a great cause and such a pretty dress, great work!
Helen x

June Nelson said...

What a lovely idea and some litle girl will love this, I wish I could sew!! xx

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful dress, well done! Maddy x

Twiglet said...

Aw that's really lovely - well done you and thanks for your kind words. x Jo