Saturday 3 April 2010

Poppies

Good morning.

My OH has taken my son to the local soft play, so I have had spent some time in my craft room already this morning.

I decided to make a card for a couple of today's challenges:-

Allsorts Challenge - No DP
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - How does your Garden Grow?

To make this card I first stamped the harlequin background from Crafty Indivduals onto a piece of ivory cardstock, using Stampin Up! "So Saffron" ink, I then stamped Joanna Sheen Wildflower "Poppies" onto the background using Memento "Tuxedo Black" ink. I coloured the flowers using Copic Ciaos before heat embossing them, using a Versamark pen and clear embossing powder, to make them shine. I layered onto Stampin Up! "So Saffron" cardstock and cut a border with a Martha Stewart border punch "Doily Lace". The sentiment is from Papertray Ink "Mega Mixed Messages" and I have cut it out using a die from Spellbinders Labels Trio, and threaded through some SU ribbon. Finally I have pierced the corners of the card.

Thank you for dropping by my blog, I appreciate your visit.

Happy Easter to you all.

Hugs, Clare xx

23 comments:

chris said...

Good Morning clare
this is very beautiful, am I right in thinking the copics can be embossed I never would have thought of that.
really stunning, love chris xx

Kimberley said...

A very beautiful easter card.

Debs said...

Hi Claire

Gorgeous card - love the image and fab detail of instructions.

Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.

Take care
Debs xx

Christine said...

Hi Clare this is super gorgeous stylish & elegant love the flowers & embossing..thanks for sharing & joining us at SCSC

Hugs Christine xx

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers stamped on the dp.

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Clare, would automatically think red for poppies but the yellow is so warm and lovely. Thanks for the tip on embossing them, never thought of that either. Brain on a go slow now.
Pinky

Sally H said...

Wow! That's stunning! I love those yellow poppies x

Tracy said...

Oh very pretty, love the colours and detail
Hugs
Tracy

Nicki said...

Oooh scrummy card! Love how you've layered the stamping, and those pierced corners are a neat touch.

Nicki, xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! So elegant! Just love your details and your colouring is lovely! Hugs ROwena

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Clare! I love your colouring of those yellow poppies and the harlequin background stamp is stunning! I love the ribbon threaded through the sentiment label too - such a pretty card!
Have a very Happy Easter Clare!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card.

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful sweet card Clare, love the fab floral image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Jane said...

gorgeous card, Happy Easter x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Clare, that card is stunning and so beautifully coloured. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Sandra said...

Stunning ... really stunning. Happy Easter

lisa said...

Hi Clare.
You've certainly made good use of your quiet time. What a lovely card. I love the colour of those flowers, perfect for the time of year.
Your mini book is inspired too.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lisax

Unknown said...

A lovely Easter card Clare - Happy Easter :0)

Jules said...

Hi Clare

Loving your card.

The harlequin background looks brilliant with those beautiful flowers.

Loving your corner detail too.

I hope you are having a great Easter break.

Love Jules xx

Lynn said...

What a very pretty card and love the detail you have put in :) Lynn

pinky said...

Hi Clare, had a wee search and found the link. You might have to go to pcp to get it but the link is here
She has some gorgeous freebies. Enjoy.
Pinky

Donna said...

Everything mixes and matches so well Clare and beautiful colouring of your image! Thanks for joining in the fun with SCSC this week :) Donna x

Kat said...

This is beautiful Clare. I love those poppies. They look really lovely in yellow. I've just bought a very interesting looking Penny Black stamp called "Poppy Poem" and I'm looking forward to using it.

Kat xx